All notable changes to this project (from version 2.3.0 onwards) will be
documented in this file.
The format is based on Keep a Changelog
and this project adheres to
[2.8.0] - 2022-03-12
- Support media uploads for the
photo property. Requires server to return a
media endpoint in its config.
Many thanks to @hacdias for contributing this feature.
JSONBodyParser instead of deprecated
[2.7.0] - 2022-02-12
- New "food" and "drink" post types - thanks @hacdias. Your server must specify
these types in its config properties to see them on the dashboard.
- Location property with geo-location support - thanks @hacdias. Your server
location in its config for a type's properties to see the field
when creating a post.
[2.6.1] - 2021-11-22
[2.6.0] - 2021-11-15
- Use Redis to cache servers' config data.
If there is a
REDIS_URL environment variable defined Micropublish will use
Redis as a cache to avoid repeated lookups for config from a server. This is
optional: if there is no instance defined Micropublish will fetch config on
each request. Config is cached for 24 hours.
- Updates Puma to non-vulnerable version 5.5.2
[18.104.22.168] - 2021-06-06
- Fixed Post Type Discovery for listen posts by looking for
[2.5.4] - 2021-06-05
- Support creating listen posts (using
listen-of URL field).
[2.5.3] - 2021-05-28
[2.5.2] - 2021-05-26
- Fix tests via webmock
- Update gems
[2.5.1] - 2021-04-03
- Ignore unknown/unsupported properties from server.
If your server specifies
post-type properties and includes properties that
Micropublish didn't know, when updating a post using one of these properties
it was possible for them to be marked as removed in the update request.
[2.5.0] - 2021-03-28
- Character counter now works for fields other than
content. If a
field is available this will now include a counter.
- Support changing article content field type: (Trix) Editor, HTML or Text.
The options available depends on whether you're creating or updating an
article – you cannot switch to Text if you're editing an HTML article.
- When redirecting after creating/updating a post, the URL parameter is now
passed in the query-string, instead of in the session. This is intended as
a short-term fix for large sessions, as discussed in Issue #62.
[2.4.5] - 2021-03-01
- Upgrade Ruby to 2.6.6, required for the
The previous stack (Heroku-16) is deprecated.
[2.4.4] - 2021-03-01
[2.4.3] - 2021-02-09
[2.4.2] - 2021-01-31
- Support Channels
Micropub extension. If the server supports channels, a new field with
checkboxes is added to the form and a
mp-channel property is sent with the
[2.4.1] - 2020-12-14
[2.4.0] - 2020-12-13
- As part of "Query for supported properties…" above, in the
config/properties.json file the
default object is now ignored. Properties are explicity defined for each
[2.3.0] - 2020-10-12
- Make JSON the default post creation method
- Only show edit, delete or undelete controls if scope allows
draft scope to login form
draft when using (only) draft scope
- Bump kramdown from 2.1.0 to 2.3.0